20 Things to do on a Transatlantic Cruise
1. While on deck, celebrate the exhilarating moments of sailing in or out of New York: gliding by the Statue of Liberty and carefully passing under the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge.
2. Drink to your good fortune at the Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar and taste the bubbly first crafted by Philippe Clicquot-Muiron in 1772.
3. Enjoy our famous White Gloved Afternoon Tea Service in the Queens Room with fresh scones, finger sandwiches and delicious cakes.
4. Unwind with your favourite cocktail to the sounds of a live jazz trio in the Chart Room including performances by musicians from New York’s famous Juilliard School.
5. Melt into one of more than a dozen luscious Canyon Ranch SpaClub® body treatments. You’ll emerge glowing, velvety smooth and utterly relaxed. Euphoria Ritual, anyone?
6. Take the Introduction to Storytelling, Voice, Movement and Character acting courses from graduates of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
7. Attend a book signing with a bestselling author such as British mystery author P.D. James.*
8. Relax into your seat and enjoy a virtual ride through space in Illuminations — the only planetarium at sea!
9. In the Commodore Club, get a front row seat to look out over the bow at the expansive Atlantic Ocean.
10. Sample the Pan-Roasted Chilean Sea Bass, fall in love with the signature Truffled Potato Love Letters or savour small bites from the extraordinary tapas bar at the trendy Todd English restaurant.
11. Attend a star party on deck hosted by an astronomer from the renowned Royal Astronomical Society.
12. Enjoy RADA’s unique take on a British classic: Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, either in the Royal Court Theatre or as the actors bring street theatre to life throughout the ship.
13. Discover the 12-course tasting menu at Lotus including Snow Crab Soup, Duck Spring Rolls and more.
14. Take a brisk walk or jog around the Promenade Deck. Three laps make a mile!
15. Indulge in some retail therapy as you peruse the Mayfair Shops. With top brands including H. Stern and Hermes, there is sure to be something to take your fancy.
16. Meet your ship’s master at the Captain’s Cocktail Reception.
17. That Martini you had last night was incredible. Today, take the Martini Mixology class so you can make it for your friends at home.
18. Dine, dance and enjoy music from tango to salsa at the Black and White Gala Ball.
19. Enjoy an audio tour of the Maritime Quest exhibit to learn about Cunard’s history. These illustrated panels are displayed throughout the ship.
20. Watch the sensational singers and dancers perform an exclusive Cunard production in the extravagant Royal Court Theatre.
- 10th June 2015
- Louise Hopper