Royal Caribbean Takes Oasis of the Seas to the Next Level
Dining, a key element of any holiday, provides people with the opportunity to experience a new cuisine, never before tried flavours and indulge in old favourites. Royal Caribbean International’s Dynamic Dining allows guests to tantalise their taste buds with more choice and flexibility than ever before, offering guests a choice of 20 restaurants, as vast and varied as dining in the world’s most cosmopolitan cities.
Royal Caribbean International has recreated the original Oasis-class three-story main dining room into three distinct complimentary venues introducing bold new concepts each with their own cuisine and ambience:
- American Icon Grill offers guests a take on the classic American road trip pulling together best-loved regional favourites into one comfort-style menu;
- Silk is a vibrant and exotic destination where the spices of the Far East bring new flavour to adventurous palates through a Pan-Asian menu;
- The Grande, where every night is formal night, offers an elegant ambience and refined cuisine.
As part of Dynamic Dining guests will have full control of their own epicurean journey with a tantalising selection of speciality restaurants including four new unique concepts:
- Izumi Hibachi & Sushi, a revitalised Izumi Japanese Cuisine offering a full teppanyaki menu as well as fresh and flavourful sushi rolls and sashimi;
- Sabor Taqueria & Tequila Bar, first introduced onboard Navigator of the Seas to rave reviews, will feature a mouth-watering menu of authentic, modern and unexpected Mexican dishes including hand-made tableside guacamole. These dishes can be complemented by a curated beverage menu of tequilas, mezcal, and Mexican beers, as well as delicious sangrias and tableside-mixed margaritas;
- Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine, a unique culinary adventure for the senses where Royal Caribbean International chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes in a whimsical setting that challenges the imagination with never-before-seen fare;
- Coastal Kitchen is an exclusive restaurant for suite guests and Pinnacle members, that fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands and features. The experience is complemented by a robust wine list, curated specifically for the venue.
- Royal Caribbean International’s commitment to providing the best holiday experience is at the heart of its latest innovations and most popular features, such as:
- Boatloads of Bandwidth, the game-changing partnership with technology partner O3b that will offer guests onboard Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas connectivity that matches fast broadband connections onshore and is greater than all other cruise ships combined. These new capabilities, allow the cruise line to offer affordable, easy-to-use internet packages so that guests may watch streaming video, check email, share images on social media and enjoy face-to-face video conversations – even in the middle of the ocean.
- Royal iQ is a new app that puts guests in charge of their holiday choices. Thanks to the dramatically improved connectivity, Royal iQ is able to confirm dining reservations, shore excursions and spa appointments onboard, through both a downloadable app and at freestanding iQ stations around the ship. Guests can also use Royal iQ as a convenient calendar that provides at-a-glance views of their programme and to keep in touch with one another and home via phone and text capabilities.
Royal Caribbean is introducing 10 new suites on Oasis-class ships, offering breath-taking views of the ocean or the ships’ signature AquaTheater and Boardwalk neighbourhood. This includes two Royal Suites, six Grand Suites and two Royal Family Suites, which can accommodate up to six guests. These suites offer a new level of sophistication when paired with the variety of new exclusive suite features that include:
- The Suite Lounge, an exclusive lounge area for suite guests to relax in, offering expansive views of the ship and sea;
- The Sun Deck, a new sun deck area that gives suites guests the chance to relax and soak-up the Caribbean sun with lounge furniture, shaded seating areas and private service;
- Coastal Kitchen is a suites only full-service restaurant offering breakfast, lunch and dinner with a Mediterranean flare.
Oasis of the Seas introduced the first ever fully-licensed Broadway show at sea and now brings one of the longest-running Broadway productions, Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Tony award-winning CATS, to sea for the first time. Beginning in June 2015, sister ship Allure of the Seas will feature MAMMA MIA! The smash hit musical based on the story-telling magic of ABBA's timeless songs.
Superior Shopping at Sea
Royal Caribbean International is introducing the playfully sophisticated designs of kate spade new york to Oasis-class on its popular Royal Promenade, a first at sea. Adding to the diverse onboard shopping are two guest favourites Michael Kors and the Britto Art Gallery, as well as a whole new line-up of merchandise and fashion jewellery such as Alexis Bittar, Uno de 50, Lauren G Adams, and Nina Nguyen.
For more information on cruising with Princess Cruises, contact our experts on freephone 0808 168 6211.
- October 21st, 2016, 11:51:31
- Louise Hopper