Princess Cruises to Commemorate 50th Anniversary
- A souvenir menu in the main dining rooms for one night, which will feature dishes including duck terrine with apricot preserves and fillet of turbot with whipped truffle butter
- Two new desserts – a chocolate raspberry mousse with vanilla crème brûlée & crunchy shortbread and chocolate pistachio dome with almond & pistachio nougatine. Both have been created by the line’s master chocolatier, Norman Love
- Classic drinks including martinis, piña coladas and anniversary-labelled Prosecco
- The ‘Seawitch West Coast IPA’ craft beer, brewed exclusively for the anniversary
- Deck parties, which will be themed on ‘The Love Boat’, a romantic US TV comedy show that ran for ten seasons from 1977-1987. It was mostly set on board Princess Cruises’ ships and is credited with assisting the expansion of both the line and the overall cruise industry
- A wide range of entertainment including parties, quizzes and tribute acts
- Anniversary décor and signage on board ships and in terminal buildings. Each ship in the fleet will feature a 50th-anniversary flag on its bow
- Limited edition merchandises from the onboard boutiques.
For more information on cruising with Princess Cruises, contact our experts on freephone 0808 168 6211.
- 13th October 2014
- Louise Hopper